Muscle Stimulator with Dual-Input EMG in
Portable Carrying Suitcase.
Objectives: Assess and document musculoskeletal function;
treat according to indicators assessed and modify using
EMG feedback as a guide. Monitor and document progress.
Justify need for continuing therapy.
The EMS-85 was specifically designed to provide today's
clinician with an objective method for understanding the
patient's muscle problem and its solution.
It presents two decades of biomedical design & engineering
into the combined study and application of muscle feedback and
micro-current muscle stimulation for the assessment, documentation
and treatment of Pain & Dysfunction.
To accomplish this, the EMS-85 is constructed to allow the clinician
to detect and study the surface EMG activity of two muscle
sites of choice before and after micro-current muscle stimulation.
By this means, the clinician has a greatly expanded capability to
assess the injury and then treat it while monitoring muscle
changes overtime- a process very important to the development
of protocol utilization and its justification for continuation of
The EMS-85 is an advanced instrument using microprocessor
controlled technology to improve performance. All major functions
are automated to enhance the effectiveness of the therapy.
The EMS-85 comes with a complete accessory package for
muscle stimulation and sEMG monitoring. The EMS-85's
electronics are built into a functional aluminum style suitcase
(airplane carry on size) in order to maximize portability for quick
setup and breakdown. The EMS-85 is the ideal instrument
to assist the clinician in meeting guidelines for documentation
of therapeutic results, but most importantly, the EMS-85 is a
remarkable technology designed to help the clinician to provide
the very best therapeutics their patient's deserve.
- Complex Wave Form at AC Setting, DC pulse train at Positive or
Pulse Width at AC setting: Modulating envelope - 4 second period
Raise time 300 mSec., Fall time 300 mSec.
Carrier wave - 50% duty cycle
Voltage - Variable 1 to 60 Volt peak to peak
- Pulse width at DC Setting:
Pulse train - 50% duty cycle square wave.
Raise time 300 mSec., Fall Time 300 mSec.
2 second period envelope
Voltage - Variable 1 to 30 Volts
- Frequency Selections- 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 & 100 Hz.
- Intensity Selections- 50, 100, 200, 300, 400 & 600 uA RMS
- Auto Timer Selections- 6, 8, 12, 1 6, 30 sec. & Continuous.
- Electrode Outputs- two sets of output
(1 auto start pair and 1 remote pair)
- Manual Cycle Start Switch - activated from main panel or
- LCD Display Meter- current stimulation level indicator
- Audio Select - monitors frequency or intensity
- Single channel sEMG with Switch selectable Dual-Input
- Gain - Three Ranges 0-10 uVolts, 1-100 uVolts Absolute
- Amplifier characteristic:
Input Impedance- Differential impedance = 1 Megohm
Common mode impedance = 1000 Megohms
Common Mode Rejection Ratio = One Million to One
Passband - 70 to 500 Hz, Butterworth Response -3db, roll-off
12db per Octave
Internal Noise- less than 0.3 uV RMS with 20,000 ohm source impedance.
Minimum Detectable Signal- less than 1 uV
Filter- 6OHz Notch Filter
- Visual - LCD uVolt Level Indicator
- Audio Feedback - Continuous - 1500 Hz Corresponds to
full scale deflection
Speaker or headphone for feedback training
- Dual Input Selector
- Time Delay- three settings
(Normal/Real Time 0.20 sec. and 0.90 sec. delay)
- Direct resistance Electrode Test- 0 to 100 kohm with LCD readout
and electrode pair select
(Ground to Right; Ground to Left; Left to Right)
- Power Source: 24 VDC fully rechargeable lead acid batteries
Power module for wall plug-in
- Dimensions: 16" deep x 8" high x 20" wide
Net Weight: 25 pounds
- Haliburton Aluminum Suitcase with removable vinyl electrode liner
- Muscle Stimulation Electrodes:
Trigger probe, Non-trigger probe, Y-probe with two pairs of tips (short/long),
Grand Ball trigger probe, Interface cylinder, Hand-held bar, Large footplate,
Standard set of ball tips, Coil Cords, Conductive creme.
- EMG Electrodes:
Snap electrode assembly; Headband (shielded), Placement electrode
assembly, Conductive gel, Velcro kit, Pack of adhesive collars,
Charger Module, Manual.